The Accounting Manager is a key member of the Finance and Accounting team, leading a team to oversee a variety of accounting duties such as accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), reviewing journal entries, overseeing reconciliations, leading the month end processes, ensuring that they are performed accurately and on a timely basis as well as coordinating the preparation of the annual accounting review with the external auditors.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage team of 2 direct reports, providing coaching and development to help achieve their annual KPIs, expand their capabilities, and grow their careers
- Oversee all AP and AR functions for the organization
- Approving and reviewing weekly payment runs
- Review journal entries, including accruals, prepayments and reclasses
- Performing inventory and production reconciliations, review balance sheet reconciliations
- Review of monthly indirect tax functions (GST/HST/QST remittance preparation)
- Excise Tax calculation and preparation for monthly filing
- Assist as needed in administration of operations, distillery, IT
- Continually identify and implement process improvements, increasing efficiency and automation
- Ensure compliance with tax and other regulatory filing requirements
- Liaise with external auditors
- Ad-hoc reporting, reconciliations, analysis, special projects and other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field
- Accounting designation or working towards CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) designation preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting/Finance
- Experience in alcohol, cannabis or other CPG is preferred
- Experience using Financial ERP software is required, SAP experience an asset
- Strong demonstrable skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong sense of ownership for tasks and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to explain financial concepts to non-finance people
- An entrepreneurial spirit – strong desire to “roll up your sleeves” and get involved
- Excellent time-management skills: able to multi-task, manage multiple projects and deadlines, and re-prioritize as things change
- Quick learner, detail oriented
- Experience with Supply and Production an asset
What You’re All About:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you. If it doesn’t, that’s probably a red flag. Maybe this isn’t for you.
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize.
- Acts as a brand ambassador. We don’t have a large sales team, so you’ll need to tell all your friends and friends of friends and friends of friends of friends about us.
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
- You’re social. You like to talk to people. Building relationships are easy for you.
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- You have a common-sense approach when it comes to responsible alcohol use and understand Canada’s rules and regulations when it comes to sampling/serving. We have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to the safety of our staff and consumers.