A unique opportunity to be involved in a brand-new distillery, the Bottling Line Operator is accountable to the Distillery Manager. Leveraging your experience and strong work ethic, you will help maximize the efficiency of inputs through to shipping product out the door. Once up and running, you will be responsible for assisting in all bottling operations, participating in a small team that is passionate about spirits. This includes bottling, packaging, and shipping/receiving our award-winning Spirits, such as Vodka, Gin and Whisky. If this sounds like your game, let’s talk.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Helps operates the bottling line, labelling and filling bottles to specification, and packaging orders for shipment.
- Works to ensure production plan and timelines are met.
- Loads and unloads inbound and outbound trucks, receiving and shipping raw materials, direct materials, and finished goods.
- Works with operations team to improve and adhere to standard operating procedures (SOP). Where necessary helps in developing and updating SOPs.
- Works to ensure the product meets all quality specifications, is true to style and of the highest quality.
- Responsible for tracking inventory levels, handling all aspects of shipping and receiving, and keeping accurate records.
- Maintains a safety-first culture by supporting and following all company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains a continuous improvement mindset of both product and process.
- Cleans and maintains all equipment to ensure they are in good working order and meeting any and all health regulations.
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment according to our PM (preventative maintenance) program.
- Track and record accurate records of production.
What do you need:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Continuous Improvement mindset (5S, Lean, HACCP).
- Self-motivated with the proven ability to successfully manage a variety priorities and responsibilities.
- Able to work varied shifts, long hours on occasion, including weekends when required, and be able to comfortably lift loads up to 50lbs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Forklift certification an asset, or willing to learn.
- High volume & fast paced industrial production experience an asset. 2-3 years’ experience in Food and beverage production would be an asset.
- Experience in Quality Assurance/Lab experience would be an asset.
What You’re All About:
- You love spirits and the science and craft of distilling
- Culture fit is key, this job description is just a start, we need to get to know YOU.
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize.
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Out-going, energetic and highly responsible. We need you to smile and educate people on both our products and our mission.
- You have a common-sense approach when it comes to responsible alcohol use and understand Ontario’s rules and regulations when it comes to sampling/serving. We have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to the safety of our staff and consumers.
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org