Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Innovation, the NEW role of Digital Growth & Social Content Marketer will be a key marketing position to help elevate Georgian Bay Spirit Co.’s digital experience as we continue to grow and expand across North America. We are the 10th largest Ready-To-Drink supplier in Canada with big ambitions in a shifting consumer & competitor marketplace. The successful candidate will need to build our brand within the digital and social space while implementing key B2C growth via the e-commerce channel while staying on top of digital trends. This individual will work with the Marketing Manager and be focused on coordinating activities that engage and entertain our current fans, attract new brand fans, and launch products to wide audiences through effective marketing campaigns.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Since this is a new role, you’ll work with other members of the Marketing team on key digital initiatives that drive brand awareness and consumer demand to help drive incremental sales growth across North America
- Help develop and lead execution of digital & social awareness campaigns at scale in Canada & the US designed to drive growth of the Georgian Bay Spirit Co.TM brand
- Execute against digital growth partnerships with key delivery & online e-commerce platforms, such as Uber, DoorDash, Runner, Drizly, etc)
- Be the social voice for Georgian Bay Spirit Co. on social media – post, respond, and otherwise engage with fans on all social platforms and escalate customer concerns as appropriate. Build up our online communities, grow & maintain them
- Manage website content, digital campaigns, and social media projects for consistency & identify content opportunities as required via the Marketing Manager
- Participate in the maintenance of the website, social media channels and other digital properties and online e-commerce store
- Help scale innovation communication plans that launch new products, services, and associated brands via social and digital media and platforms
- Work with designers, writers, editors and other creative teams to produce digital marketing collateral that resonates within digital & social in accordance with brand messages to support sales depletions
- Work within project budgets and adhere to them
What you need:
- A college or university degree/diploma in Media Studies, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Digital Media, or related discipline will help, but not necessary. If you live & breathe all things digital, and ideally have some real-life beverage alcohol experience, that’s considered an asset
- An Entrepreneurial mindset and a natural team player who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role will be multi-faceted, and you will work daily with marketing, our own sales team, provincial liquor boards, sales agents, agencies and more
- You are tech and media savvy: tell us what software, tech, programming, or web development areas you excel in, as well as what additional marketing skills you bring to the table
- You understand the value of organic vs paid digital content, and where to concentrate our efforts. Create engaging content that consumers, influencers & media want to share
- Experience in managing websites, working with web tools and plugins, required
- Social media skills used in professional environment are essential: Facebook for Business, Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc
- Software skills are essential: WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify, Woocommerce, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Adobe creative suite an asset
- Experience with marketing project management and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain healthy online communities and strong relationships with our fans, vendors, contractors, partners, competitors and others
What You’re All About:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you
- You embrace uncertainty and thrive in a high-paced environment. No two days with be the same. As an innovative, dynamic and evolving company, we are constantly in a state of flux. Being able to pivot your plan to achieve objectives is key.
- Someone who is curious, asks great questions, is a problem solver and shows initiative
- In addition to being a thought leader, you will lead by example by DOING as well.
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize.
- Acts as a brand ambassador.
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
- You’re social. You like to talk to people. Building relationships is easy for you.
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- You have a common-sense approach when it comes to responsible alcohol use and understand Canada’s rules and regulations when it comes to sampling/serving. We have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to the safety of our staff and consumers.
- Can make a great cocktail of course!
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org