Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Innovation, the Director, Marketing is the lead marketing position for Georgian Bay Spirit Co.. We are one of the fastest-growing Canadian beverage alcohol companies – you’ve probably heard of our best-selling Georgian Bay Gin Smash! The successful candidate will need to have proven leadership skills and experience in building and executing national marketing strategies in the beverage alcohol industry. This includes being the type of marketer that works well within a collaborative team environment to break through with meaningful brand messaging and content in the fast-paced, rapidly evolving and extremely competitive ready-to-drink (RTD) and Spirits categories.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build the annual National Marketing Strategy to support our core brands as well as new Innovation launches across all provinces
- Lead, mentor, and coach a small but scrappy team of marketing professionals to deliver on our plan, while rolling up your sleeves and helping with the day-to-day
- Plan, conceptualize, and launch campaigns, both in traditional and digital media, maximizing our return
- Build the annual marketing budget and manage the spend, focusing on priority markets and channels
- Manage our brand identity and positioning and ensure it remains fresh, relevant and effective
- Stay on top of new products in market and industry trends to ensure we maintain a pulse on brand health and that our marketing plans reflect consumer insights
- Liaise with National Trade Marketing Manger on Trade Marketing activities to support best in class executions
- Help craft and share our brand story. This role will be central to ensuring we’re creating compelling above-the-line communication and media strategies that will reach across a range of channels including digital, social, radio and more within North America
- Support Sales by driving awareness with our consumer. Understanding the various liquor board and retail landscapes in Canada and the US is critical to building a strong retail support plan that enables depletions and ensures we remain relevant to consumers
- Manage content creation that aligns with our brand look & feel and is compelling, consistent and resonates with our existing & new brand fans
- Being a digital native you understand the value of organic vs paid digital content, and where to concentrate our efforts. Help create engaging content and messaging that consumers, influencers & media want to share, including PR
- Oversee company conferences, events, and manage consumer liquid to lips sampling platform and initiatives to drive trial within the community
What you need:
- 7+ years’ marketing experience preferred (previous alcohol beverage experience is required), with a post-secondary degree in marketing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to craft marketing plans on a national level which have had a net positive impact on sales
- 2+ years of experience managing, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketers
- Experience with marketing project management and ability to adhere to deadlines to meet execution timing and deliverables
- A strong understanding of digital media (social, display, content integration, etc.) and experience executing successful campaigns. Above-the-line media (TV, OOH, Radio, etc.) experience a bonus.
- Ability to manage a budget & work with finance to ensure P&L and business plans are met
- Experience crafting exceptional content, including original copy, and a strong portfolio of your work is a must
- Experience in managing websites, working with web tools and plugins, an asset
- Social media skills used in professional environment are essential: Facebook for Business, Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Software skills are essential: MS Office, WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify, Woocommerce, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Adobe creative suite an asset
What You’re All About:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you
- You embrace uncertainty and thrive in a high-paced environment. No two days with be the same. As an innovative, dynamic and evolving company, we are constantly in a state of flux. Being able to pivot your plan to achieve objectives is key.
- Someone who is curious, asks great questions, is a problem solver and shows initiative
- You build relationships. A curious, tenacious and not easily satisfied marketer will fit right in with the rest of us
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
- You’re social. You like to talk to people. Building relationships are easy for you
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset. This role will be multi-faceted, and you will work daily with sales, supply, logistics, provincial liquor boards, sales agents, agencies and more
- You have a common-sense approach when it comes to responsible alcohol use and understand Canada’s rules and regulations when it comes to sampling/serving. We have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to the safety of our staff and consumers.
- Can make a great cocktail of course!
Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com