Title: GTA Territory Manager
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Type: Full Time
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the GTA Territory Manager will be a key sales position for Georgian Bay Spirit Co. as we continue to grow and expand. We’re a start-up in the alcohol beverage world with big ambitions, and this role will allow you to truly own a sales region to achieve our company sales goals while staying true to who we are and what we stand for.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- No two days will be the same. With sales responsibilities that primarily cover LCBO stores and a few on-premise accounts, you’ll be the main face of Georgian Bay Spirit Co for much of Toronto and the GTA.
- Own your plan – Implement and help define your territory sales plan with a corresponding sales strategy that’s effective and simple to execute.
- Make things happen – You need to lead, maintain and grow your territory through new distribution opportunities, sales programming and partnerships.
- Execute with excellence – All the planning in the world means nothing if you can’t translate that into the real world.
- Build relationships – Leverage your existing relationships to create meaningful initiatives that drive volume. Across all types of liquor stores, on-premise accounts and regional community event opportunities, you’ll be the main driver to ensure we’re at the right places with the right people.
- Think big, act small – We need to work smarter and maximize our resources to compete against the big guys as we don’t always have all the same resources as big business (but that’s ok!). You’ll have what you need to be effective while you build great relationships and develop a deep understanding of the sales opportunities. Using data to be effective is key.
- And in total transparency, lots of things that we don’t even know we need yet!
What Do You Need:
- 5+ years outside sales experience preferred (previous alcohol beverage experience is required)
- A post-secondary degree
- Comfortable with numbers – Knowing how to use excel and sales reporting tools to glean insights is an asset
- Someone who is curious, asks great questions, is a problem solver and shows initiative
- Can make a great cocktail
- Smart Serve certificate
- A valid driver’s license
- You reside somewhere in Toronto
What You’re All About:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you. If it doesn’t, that’s probably a red flag. Maybe this isn’t for you.
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize.
- Acts as a brand ambassador. We don’t have a large sales team, so you’ll need to tell all your friends and friends of friends and friends of friends of friends.
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
- You like to talk to people. Building relationships are easy to you. You’re active on social media, and love to share experiences through photos and videos.
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Out-going, energetic and highly responsible. We need you to smile and educate people on both our products and our mission.
- You have a common-sense approach when it comes to responsible alcohol use and understand Ontario’s rules and regulations when it comes to sampling/serving. We have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to the safety of our staff and consumers.
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org.