Title: Toronto (GTA) – Territory Sales Manager
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Type: 18-Month Contract (Mat Leave)
Are you interested in working for one of Canada’s most awarded distilleries and makers of the top-selling Georgian Bay Gin Smash? Georgian Bay Spirit Co is currently looking for a Territory Sales Manager in Toronto (GTA), Ontario for 18 months to represent our rapidly expanding portfolio of spirits and top-selling craft cocktails-in-a-can such as Gin Smash, Cranberry Gin Smash, and Smashed Soda! Georgian Bay Spirit Co. is one of the fastest-growing craft spirits & RTD producers within the beverage alcohol space. While reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Toronto (GTA) Territory Sales Manager will be a key member of our sales team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage a Portfolio & Grow our Brand – your sales responsibilities will primarily cover a territory of LCBOs and a few On-Premise accounts within the Toronto (GTA) area. You will act as an ambassador and be the face of our brand in this territory.
- Build Relationships – by leveraging your existing relationships and establishing connections with new customers you will be able to create impactful initiatives that drive volume.
- Focus on Results – you will push to meet or exceed quarterly sales and distribution targets. All of the planning in the world means nothing without follow-through and the ability to translate those plans into real world results. You will need to lead, maintain and grow your territory through new distribution opportunities, inventory management and executing sales programming.
- Execute with Excellence – we are a rapidly growing company in a fun and fast-paced industry so, you will need to be efficient and organized in order to be successful. Having a sense of urgency will mean taking action and getting things done!
- Fact Based Selling – using our sales data platform to gain insights from numbers such as sales history, growth trends and store/category performance will help you to tell our story and achieve sales targets.
- Live Out Our Core Values Every Day – here at GBSC we have a commitment to building connections, being innovative, staying disciplined and having fun! Cultural fit is key here and our team lives by these Georgian Bay Spirit Co values in all that we do. This role will allow you to truly own a sales region while working to achieve our company sales goals while staying true to who we are and what we stand for!
What do you need:
- 3+ years’ alcohol beverage sales experience is preferred.
- A post-secondary degree
- You must reside within the Toronto (GTA) territory
- Knowing how to use excel and sales reporting tools to gather insights for fact-based selling is a key to success
- Someone who is organized, asks great questions, is a problem solver and shows initiative
- Smart Serve certificate
- A valid driver’s license
What You’re All About:
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize.
- You are well-organized which helps you remain proactive rather than reactive but are also able to think on your feet when plans change.
- Know your numbers and have the internal drive to win.
- Cultural fit is key, so you will need to align with our core values listed above.
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your handheld, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- You’re an effective communicator! Building relationships comes easily to you. You are friendly, positive, respectful and enjoys a casual work environment.
- Out-going, energetic and highly responsible.
- We are a local craft distillery so, your passion and ability to tell our Georgian Bay Spirit Co. story far and wide will help you to grow our brand.
- Entrepreneurial, hard-working, focused, and able to have fun.
- Acts as a brand ambassador. We don’t have a large sales team, so you’ll need to tell all your friends and friends of friends and friends of friends of friends.
- And of course, you can make a great cocktail!
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether on the patio or on the dock, everyone is welcome. We take the same approach with our business, and beyond being an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are integral to who we are and how we operate. Difference is valued.
Being a company that thrives on innovation we know that this is only possible with diversity at the table. So if you’re looking for a place where you can be free to be yourself, let’s talk.
For anyone who requires any accommodation through the application and recruiting process, please let us know and we’d be happy to help