Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Type: Full Time
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will be a key member of the Georgian Bay Spirit Co (GBSC) executive team. Working together with the Head of Operations and Head of Marketing, the Head of Sales will be responsible for all aspects of the sales function, while managing the National Sales Manager, Demand Planner and various sales team members and sales agency partners.
This national and international role can be based almost anywhere. The successful candidate will have to have superior sales experience in beverage alcohol within Canada with a track record of growing brands, and an incredible network across all provincial liquor boards while being a skilled communicator both cross functionally and within their own sales team. Georgian Bay Spirit Co. is a fast-growing craft spirits & RTD producer within the beverage alcohol space with big ambitions and together with the senior executive team you will ensure our sales strategies and key cross functional responsibilities are industry leading.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Architect of our Sales Strategy – our future growth starts with you! Must be excited about selling into new markets (domestic and international), negotiating new and revenue-adding partnerships and creating strategies that ensure long term growth while executing with excellence. Establish advanced sales data processes to the business.
- Strategic Sales Thought Leader – exhibit a keen understanding of the various retail environments we operate in to develop short term (<1 yr) and longer term (+1yr) sales strategies and KPIs based on insight & data to beat the competition and scale revenue to the next level (within Canada and elsewhere). Must be a creative problem solver.
- New Business Development – identify new sales opportunities within existing and new markets to create new sources of revenue for the company.
- Work with New Innovations – as a key member of our executive team, you will need to showcase an ability to help identify and ultimately qualify innovation opportunities.
- Forecast and Trend Ownership – working with our Demand Planner and Supply teams to ensure superior forecast accuracy while able to provide a clear sales narrative of how we are performing within the industry. Must understand the importance of inventory management. Work with the National Sales Manager to improve current sales processes and bring them to the next level.
- An expert in Connections & Relationships – collaborate, build, identify, and leverage relationships with all liquor boards, external vendors, sales agents, and key stakeholders (domestic & internationally) to identify opportunities we have not even thought of.
- Sales Mentor – Ensure we have a top performing sales team nationally. Support, provide guidance, and mentor the National Sales Manager and Demand Planner while identifying areas of growth for sales team members. Get out from behind the desk, role up your sleeves in field, and work hand in hand with all sales & marketing team members to accomplish our goals. We all sell within Georgian Bay Spirit Co.
- Sales Agency Management – we have a blend of internal sales teams and sales agency partners. Hold them accountable, with your National Sales Manager, to your sales strategy, vision, performance & goals.
- Cross Functional Masterclass – While this is clearly a Sales-focused role, you also must think like a marketer, an inventory analyst, and a supply or finance team member. Break down silos across functions (if they exist).
- And in total transparency, lots of things that we simply can’t list but you know will come up. We are a small start-up with a flat structure. We all roll up our sleeves to win and help without question.
What do you need:
- An Entrepreneurial Thinker & Doer – think big, act small, challenge the status quo. Use your years of experience to develop and implement unique sales strategies. Flex our muscles when appropriate as one of Canada’s largest RTD producers but do it with an entrepreneurial start-up mentality. Push bureaucracy aside and win in this highly competitive industry.
- A Sales and cultural leader – the primary responsibility of this role is to oversee all aspects of the sales function, while being a key member of the leadership team that contributes to the unique culture of GBSC. Have exceptional Leadership skills, and a desire to coach and build talent with your National Sales Manager.
- Exhibit influence within beverage alcohol in Canada, at liquor boards and beyond. This is a big role and we’re looking for someone who can open doors and make introductions.
- Superior Communication – With the various stakeholders, you will need to ensure everyone who needs to be is kept up to speed, and regular updates shared, as necessary.
- Analytics Focused – you’ve set the vision, now you must track, measure, report, pivot and optimize as necessary to achieve our growth objectives.
- Understand the consumer – must build core sales strategies with the consumer in mind. Insight driven sales strategies will allow us to beat the competition.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams, Liquor Board portals, over-the-counter sales/depletions analytical software, etc.
- Make things happen – avoid analysis paralysis, move faster than the competition and empower the sales team and agency partners to be the best.
What You’re All About:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you. If it does not, that’s probably a red flag. Maybe this isn’t for you.
- Know your numbers and have the internal drive to win.
- Entrepreneurial, hardworking, focused, and able to have fun.
- And of course, you can make a great cocktail!
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether on the patio or on the dock, everyone is welcome. We take the same approach with our business, and beyond being an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are integral to who we are and how we operate. Difference is valued.
Being a company that thrives on innovation we know that this is only possible with diversity at the table. So if you’re looking for a place where you can be free to be yourself, let’s talk.
For anyone who requires any accommodation through the application and recruiting process, please let us know and we’d be happy to help.