Title: Logistics and Production Coordinator
Location: Toronto, ON
Start date: Feb 1, 2023
Georgian Bay Spirit Co. is one of the fastest-growing Canadian beverage alcohol companies. We boast a well-known portfolio that includes multiple spirits and RTD (ready-to-drink) products – and we’re always coming up with something new.
Reporting directly to the Procurement & Inventory Manager, the Logistics and Production Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating logistics and production schedules from start to finish while accurately maintaining timelines and shipping appointments between suppliers, third party warehouses, co-packers, and our Distillery. In this role you will also be responsible for inventory levels of direct/indirect/raw materials and finished goods, ensuring accurate reporting to cross-functional teams such as Sales, Marketing, Production and Supply Chain. This role wears a lot of different hats and has a lot of Executive exposure, so you’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit with no hesitation to “roll up your sleeves” and dive into something new.
- In conjunction with the Procurement & Inventory Manager, own the management of direct/indirect material, raw material and finished good production orders, shipments, and receipts across North America.
- Manage and process Liquor Board orders, shipments, and returns.
- Work with various vendors, suppliers, external warehouses, the GBS distillery and operations team to ensure all loads are shipped accurately and on time.
- Manage, update, and modify logistics schedules based on required production and inventory demands for all GBSC Sprit and RTD production runs across relevant departments and vendors. Communicate changes to all applicable stakeholders (Internal & External) ensuring all required documentation and purchase orders have been issued.
- Maintain accurate inventory transactions and ensure that systems are updated promptly
- Identify production issues and proactively loopback this information to all relevant parties.
- Assist with production and inventory reconciliation.
- Support procurement, inventory, and logistics analysis.
- Work closely with operation team and copackers/repackers to ensure accurate demand planning of WIP and Finished Goods.
- Assist with production material planning.
- Support the accounting team with invoices approvals, data entry of inventory transfers.
- Gather and organize shipment information from various sources.
- Schedule/Manage appointment times for inbound/outbound loads.
- Cultivate and maintain a good relationship with various carriers and shipping companies
- Manage and reconcile CHEP pallets inventory and transfers.
- Update tracking tools to monitor shipment schedules, production volumes, KPIs and performance.
- Arrange couriers for packages/goods and other tasks.
- 2-3 years’ experience in various Logistics/Production environments.
- University degree or College diploma in a related field
- Inventory reconciliation experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail, patient, self-motivated, and committed to getting the job done.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, and re-prioritize as things change
- Capable of working in a team environment and support others in similar job functions.
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint knowledge required.
- WMS (Warehouse Management System) and SAP system (or similar) experience an asset.
- An entrepreneurial spirit – strong desire to “roll up your sleeves” and get involved
- Comfortable with a constantly changing, high-growth culture
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you. If it doesn’t, that’s probably a red flag. Maybe this isn’t for you
- Master multi-tasker – flexible and able to prioritize
- Acts as a brand ambassador; we don’t have a large sales team, so you’ll need to tell all your friends & friends of friends about us
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment & fits in with a small team
Interested candidates should email email@example.com