The Junior Accountant is a key member of the Finance and Accounting team, performing a variety of accounting duties such as accounts payable (AP), accounts receivable (AR), assisting with journal entries and performing reconciliations, as well as supporting the monthly financial cycle process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Management of the AP and AR functions, including:
- Processing vendor invoices (receiving, posting, setting up payment via cheque/wire/ACH)
- Responding to vendor queries, reconciling vendor statements
- Processing employee expense reports (reviewing/questioning, posting, setting up payment)
- Following up on overdue receivables
- As well as:
- Performing month/year-end processes
- Monthly indirect tax functions (GST/HST/QST remittance preparation)
- Preparing journal entries, including accruals, prepayments and reclasses
- Performing bank, inventory and balance sheets reconciliations
- Excise Tax calculation and preparation for monthly filing
- Reconciling corporate credit cards
- Preparing production related reconciliations, summaries
- Accounting review of production movements posted by Distillery Staff
- Ad-hoc reconciliations and analysis as required
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 1-2 years of experience in hands-on accounting operations preferred
- Strong demonstrable skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to explain financial concepts to non-finance people
- An entrepreneurial spirit – strong desire to “roll up your sleeves” and get involved
- Excellent time-management skills: able to multi-task, manage multiple projects and deadlines, and re-prioritize as things change
- Quick learner, detail oriented
- Capable of taking initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
- Working towards CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) designation preferred
- SAP experience, an asset
- Experience with Supply and Production, an asset
What You’re All About:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you. If it doesn’t, that’s probably a red flag. Maybe this isn’t for you.
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize.
- Acts as a brand ambassador. We don’t have a large sales team, so you’ll need to tell all your friends and friends of friends and friends of friends of friends about us.
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
- You’re social. You like to talk to people. Building relationships are easy for you.
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- You have a common-sense approach when it comes to responsible alcohol use and understand Canada’s rules and regulations when it comes to sampling/serving. We have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to the safety of our staff and consumers.
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org