Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Innovation, the Marketing Manager is a key marketing position for Georgian Bay Spirit Co. as we continue to grow and expand across North America. We are the 10th largest Ready-To-Drink supplier in Canada with big ambitions in a shifting consumer & competitor marketplace. The successful candidate will need to be the type of marketer that works well within a collaborative team environment to break through with meaningful brand messaging and content in the fast-paced, rapidly evolving and extremely competitive ready-to-drink (RTD) and Spirits categories.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Help craft and share our brand story. This role will be central to ensuring we’re creating compelling above-the-line communication and media strategies that will reach across a range of channels including digital, social, radio and more within North America
- Support Sales by driving awareness with our consumer. Understanding the various liquor board and retail landscapes in Canada and the US is critical to building a strong retail support plan that enables depletions and ensures we remain relevant to consumers
- Support the creative process. Assist in developing best in class brand equity initiatives including brand look and feel and sponsorship to ensure that our creative vision is met, is consistent across all platforms, and is executed efficiently
- Execution is key. You’ll be tasked to ensure that our communication strategies are brought to life on time and on budget across North America
- Manage content creation that aligns with our brand look & feel and is compelling, consistent and resonates with our existing & new brand fans
- You are a digital native and understand the value of organic vs paid digital content, and where to concentrate our efforts. Help create engaging content and messaging that consumers, influencers & media want to share, including PR
- Work alongside the Trade Marketing Manager to develop best-in-class sales collateral to ensure our sales teams and sales agent partners have the tools to win at retail
- Assist with the necessary Research requirements to ensure we’re ahead of trends and have a pulse on brand health
What do you need:
- 5+ years’ marketing experience preferred (previous alcohol beverage experience is required), with a post-secondary degree in marketing preferred
- Experience with marketing project management and ability to adhere to deadlines to meet execution timing and deliverables
- A strong understanding of above-the-line media (TV, OOH, Radio, etc.) and digital media (social, display, content integration, etc.)
- Ability to manage a budget & work with finance to ensure P&L and business plans are met
- Experience in managing websites, working with web tools and plugins, an asset
- Social media skills used in professional environment are essential: Facebook for Business, Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience crafting exceptional content and a strong portfolio of your work is a must
- Software skills are essential: WordPress, Squarespace, Shopify, Woocommerce, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Adobe creative suite an asset
What You’re All About:
- Culture fit is key, so we hope this job description appeals to you
- You embrace uncertainty and thrive in a high-paced environment. No two days with be the same. As an innovative, dynamic and evolving company, we are constantly in a state of flux. Being able to pivot your plan to achieve objectives is key.
- Someone who is curious, asks great questions, is a problem solver and shows initiative
- Build relationships. A curious, tenacious and not easily satisfied marketer will fit right in with the rest of us
- Master multi-tasker, flexible and able to prioritize
- Friendly, outgoing, enjoys a casual work environment and fits in with a small team.
- You’re social. You like to talk to people. Building relationships are easy for you
- You’re self-motivated. You don’t need your hand held, you’re professional and you demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset. This role will be multi-faceted, and you will work daily with sales, supply, logistics, provincial liquor boards, sales agents, agencies and more
- You have a common-sense approach when it comes to responsible alcohol use and understand Canada’s rules and regulations when it comes to sampling/serving. We have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to the safety of our staff and consumers.
- Can make a great cocktail of course!
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org