Mull It Over
Cozy up by the fire with this gin based mulled apple cider recipe. With flavours of juniper, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and more.
|1 oz||Georgian Bay Gin|
|4-5 oz||Mulled cider (recipe below)|
|2 dashes||Angostura bitters|
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Grab your favourite mug and add 1oz of Georgian Bay Gin and 2 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Fill the mug with warm apple cider (or cold if you prefer) and grate fresh nutmeg over top. Serve and enjoy!
- For Mulled Cider:
- Lightly toast 4 cloves, 4 gently crushed cardamom pods, 2 star anise, 1 tsp juniper berries, and 1 cinnamon stick in a medium sized pot to awaken the spices.
- Once the aromas start to fill the air add 750 mL unfiltered freshly pressed apple cider. Add 1 chunk of fresh ginger diced up, and the peel of 1 orange to the pot, as well as the juice.
- Bring the cider to a light boil, then reduce the heat and allow it to lightly simmer for an hour. Strain the cider through a sieve or cheese cloth and serve warm or cool. Enjoy!